5 Highly Successful Captain-Vice Captain Pairs In Cricket
DISCLAIMER : The Info/Data here have been collected from different sources and does not reflect UC news' views .
- Indian cricket was under the tenebrous cloud of match-fixing when the elegant left-hander Sourav Ganguly took over the charge of the Indian team.
- He had the arduous job of rejuvenating the demoralized squad and getting them back to winning ways.
2. Alastair Cook- Andrew Strauss
- England cricket team prospered under the captaincy of the left-hand opening batsman Andrew Strauss. Strauss was the man who helped England regain the Ashes in 2009 after a 5-0 drubbing in the 2007 Ashes in Australia.
- Two of the most prolific captains in the history of Australian cricket together laid the foundations of an Australian team which went on to rule the cricketing world.
- One of the most successful captains in the history of South African cricket, Graeme Smith captained South Africa on a record number of 108 tests. The gritty southpaw can well be held responsible for the revival of the South African test squad.
- These two great friends and compatriots formed one of the most lethal captain-vice captain combos in the history of cricket.
- Both were blessed with tremendous talent and brilliant cricketing acumen, which propelled Sri Lanka to unprecedented heights.