Babar is close to break Virat's record, see the list.
West Indies explosive batsman Chris Gayle holds the record for most runs in T20 cricket. Chris Gayle has scored 13051 runs in 394 T20 matches. But do you know which batsman has the record of scoring the most T20 runs in 1 year. Today we are going to tell you about the batsmen who scored the most T20 runs in 1 year.
1. Chris Gayle -
Chris Gayle holds the record for most T20 runs in 1 year. Chris Gayle played 36 T20 matches in 2015, scoring 1665 runs in 36 innings at an average of 59.46 and a strike rate of 164.52. During this time Chris Gayle had scored 3 centuries and 10 half-centuries and his highest score was 151 not out.
2. Virat Kohli-
In 2016, Virat Kohli scored 1614 runs in 29 innings of 31 T20 matches at an average of 89.66 and a strike rate of 145.12. During this time Virat Kohli had scored 4 centuries and 14 half-centuries and his highest score was 113 runs.
3. Babar Azam
Babar Azam has played 38 T20 matches so far in 2019, scoring 1601 runs in 38 innings at an average of 47.08 and a strike rate of 139.94. During this time Babar Azam has scored 3 centuries and 12 half-centuries and his highest score is 102 not out.
4. Chris Gayle - 1532 runs in the year 2012.
5. Colin Munro - 1530 runs in the year 2018.
6. Brandon McCullum - 1518 runs in the year 2017.
7. Chris Gayle - 1497 runs in the year 2011.
8. Umar Akmal - 1386 runs in the year 2016.
9. Colin Ingram - 1378 runs in the year 2018.
10. Aaron Finch - 1350 runs in the year 2018.