David Warner Became First Australian To Make 2000 Runs In T20I Cricket - Broke 4 Records
Welcome to “Faadu New” for fresh, fabulous and interesting news of Cricket.
David Warner played stunning inning against Sri Lanka in all three matches of bilateral T20I series and broke four records. Most interesting side of his brilliant performance in this series remained that he stayed unbeaten in this series. Warner made fours records in this 3rd match.
1. First Australian to make 2,000 runs:- David Warner became first Australian batsman to score 2000 runs in T20I cricket. Today, he achieved this feat in the 3rd T20I match against Sri Lanka at MCG stadium, in Melbourne.
2. 6th Batsmen In the World:- He also became sixth batsman in the world to go past 2,000 runs in shortest format. He joins Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Martin Guptil, Shoaib Malik and Brendon McCullum.
David Warner players sparkling inning in all three matches and made 212 runs, without getting out in any innings. He made 100*, 60* and 57* in three innings.
3. 2nd Most Six Hitter Batsman: He also became second highest six hitter Australian batsman in shortest format. He struck 84 sixes. He is one six short of Captain Aaron Finch, who struck 85 sixes.
4. 4th Batsman In The World:- David Warner also became third batsman in the world, who made 50 plus scores in all three matches of bilateral T20I series. He made 100*, 60* and 57* runs against Sri Lanka in 2019. He made 217 runs with strike rate 148.
Virat Kohi is first batsman, who 50 plus score in all three matches of bilateral series. He made 90*, 59* and 50 runs against Australia in 2015-16.
Kiwi’s top and middle order batsman Colin Munro is second batsman in the world. He has made 53, 66 and 104 runs against West Indies in 2017-18.
5. Man of The Match & Man of The Series:- Australia won third match by 7 wickets and series by 3-0. David Warner honored with Man of the Match and Man of the series award for his swashbuckling performance.