England's special summer of cricket must be used as a springboard - starting with separate Test and one-day coaches
This summer has brought a new audience to cricket. In 10 or 15 years’ time, we will be hearing from young England players who fell in love with cricket in 2019.
Everything about it was great, from the pitches, the full grounds that created brilliant atmospheres, to the exciting cricket produced by the best players in the world. The sport needed this summer. Cricket has started to appeal to people again and it must be used as a springboard.
For the team, it is time to take stock. I have no concerns about England’s white-ball side. They have a group of players who are going to remain very competitive. They just need to make...
Get the inside edge with The Telegraph
Register or subscribe to continue reading
Already a subscriber? Log in
- One free Premium article per week
- Newsletters and daily briefings
30 days free, then £3 per week
- Unlimited access to Premium articles including the very best cricket analysis
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Exclusive events and rewards
- The daily newspaper on your smartphone or tablet
Want to learn more? View subscription options