Happy Birthday Shardul Thakur: 5 Lesser-Known Things to Know About the Indian Pacer
Indian cricketer Shardul Thakur celebrates his birthday on October 16. The Indian bowler turned 28 years old on Wednesday. Shardul, a right-arm pacer, made international debut in an ODI against Sri Lanka in August 2017. Thakur has played very few matches for Team India so far. He has appeared in 1 Test, 5 ODIs and 7 T20Is for Team India. He has bagged 6 wickets in ODIs and 8 wickets in T20Is so far. As the Indian bowler turns one more year on Wednesday, here we will look at some lesser-known things to know about the Indian cricketer. Shardul Thakur's Send-off to Quinton de Kock During MI vs CSK IPL 2019 Finals Irks Rohit Sharma.
While Thakur has not been able to bag limelight in international cricket, he has shown good performance in first-class cricket. In 56 FC matches, Thakur has taken 188 wickets along with 12 five-wicket hauls. He has also been part of a few IPL teams. He played for Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2015 and 2016 editions. In IPL 2017, he was bought by Rising Pune Supergiants. Later, he joined Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2018 and also played for the franchise in IPL 2019. Below are five lesser-known things about the Indian pacer which some of you may or may have not known. Parthiv Patel Runs Out Shardul Thakur to Hand RCB One-Run Win Over CSK, Watch Video Highlights.
- Shardul Thakur was born in a Maharashtrian family. His father is Narendra Thakur and mother is Hansa Thakur.
- Since Thakur hails from Palghar in Maharashtra, an adjacent city to Mumbai, he had to travel over a hundred kilometre during school days to pursue cricket coaching.
- During his school days, Shardul once hit 6 sixes off 6 balls in an over while playing for Swami Vivekanand International School, Borivali.
- Thakur made his first-class debut against Rajasthan cricket team at Jaipur in November 2012.
- During his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in August 2017, he became the 2nd Indian player to wear number 10 jersey after Sachin Tendulkar. He changed his jersey number to 54 after the matter created a lot of controversy on social media.
Although Thakur has not been able to confirm his berth as a full-time bowler in Indian cricket so far, he has shown some brilliant performance in the past. In Nidahas trophy 2018, he took his career-best of 4-27 against a match against Sri Lanka and turned the match in India’s favour. He also bagged player of the match award in that match. This shows that Thakur has the ability to come to the top and he will be working on his bowling in the coming time.