IND-SA: Kohli's 26th century in the Test, left behind Sachin-Ponting, broken 8 records
As you all know that on the second day of the second Test match being played between India and South Africa, Team India captain Virat Kohli has completed his 26th century.
1. With this century, Virat has become the second captain in the world to score the most centuries in Tests. He has equaled former Australia captain Ricky Ponting's 19 centuries.
2. Virat became the fourth batsman in the world to score the fastest 26 centuries in Tests. Prior to this, the great batsman Sunil Gavaskar was in this place.
3. Virat has become the 19th batsman in the world to score the most centuries in Tests. He has equaled Steve Smith of Australia.
4. This was Virat's 69th century in international cricket. Virat has become the third batsman in the world to score 69 centuries in Tests.
5. Virat Kohli's 26th century. With this century, Kohli broke the record of 25 centuries of Inzamam-ul-Haq, equaling 26 centuries of Steve Smith.
6. During the innings of 101 runs, Kohli became the highest run-scorer batsman against South Africa as captain. Kohli broke Sachin Tendulkar's record of 553 runs.
7. Virat Kohli has completed 69 international centuries with this century. Kohli is now just 2 centuries away from Ricky Ponting's 71 international centuries.
8. Virat Kohli completed his 69th century in 435 innings of 392 international matches. With this, Kohli has broken the record for the fastest international century of Sachin, 15 years old. Sachin scored his 69th international century in 2004 in 501 innings of 441 matches.