INDvSA: 10 world records made in series against South Africa, Rohit alone made so much
There were many records in the Test series played between India and South Africa. In which Rohit Sharma recorded most of the records. So, under this, we tell you about 10 such world records.
1. A total of 37 sixes were hit by both teams in the first Test match. Which became a world record. Earlier this record was recorded in the name of Pakistan-New Zealand match played in 2014-15. There were a total of 35 sixes in this match.
2. Rohit became the first player to score centuries in Tests, ODIs and T20s as an opener. He made this record in the first match.
3. Ravindra Jadeja became the fastest left-arm bowler to take 200 wickets in the first Test played in Visakhapatnam. He took this record after taking the wicket of Dean Elgar.
4. In the Test in Visakhapatnam itself, Rohit made a record of hitting the maximum sixes in a Test match by hitting a total of 13 sixes. Before them, this record was recorded in the name of Pakistan veteran Wasim Akram.
5. Rohit Sharma became the first player to score a century in both innings of his first Test match as an opener. Rohit scored 176 in the first innings of the first Test and 127 in the second innings.
6. Ravichandran Ashwin took first place jointly with Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka, who took the fastest 350 wickets in Test cricket.
7. Virat Kohli as Ricky Ponting in the case of scoring the maximum 19 centuries in the Test as a captain. Both the names have now registered 19-19 centuries.
8. As captain, Virat Kohli surpassed the legendary Don Bradman by scoring the highest score of 150+ 9 times in Test cricket. Bradman made this record 8 times as a captain.
9. India made a new world record by winning 11 consecutive Test series on its home ground. Earlier this record was in the name of Australia. Who won 10 consecutive Test series at home.
10. Opener Rohit Sharma also holds the record for the most sixes in a Test series. Before them, this record was named after Shimron Hetmyer. Who hit 15 sixes in a Test series against Bangladesh in 2018. Rohit hit a total of 19 sixes in this series.