Making of a legend: A look at Virat Kohli's batting landmarks
New Delhi, Nov 5: Team India skipper Virat Kohli turned 31 on Tuesday.
The Delhi lad is one of the best batsmen of the current generation and has already surpassed a host of past legends by breaking a plethora of records.
Here is a look at the milestones which the Team India star has set.
Fastest to post 1000 ODI runs in a calendar year:
1) 11 innings: Virat Kohli (2018)
2) 15 innings: Hashim Amla (2010), Virat Kohli (2012)
3) 17 innings: David Gower (1983), Shane Watson (2011), Kumar Sangakkara (2013), AB de Villiers (2015)
Most number of ODI centuries while chasing:
1) 19 - Virat Kohli (India)
2) 17 - Sachin Tendulkar (India)
3) 11 - Tilakratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka) & Chris Gayle (West Indies)
4) 10 - Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
Most number of centuries as captain of the Indian team in ODIs:
1) 18 - Virat Kohli
2) 11 - Sourav Ganguly
3) 6 - MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar
4) 4 - Mohammad Azharuddin
Photo: Google Image