Mohammed Saifuddin ruled out of T20I series vs India

The Statesman

The Statesman

Author 2019-10-25 12:02:00

img

London: Bangladesh's Mohammad Saifuddin celebrates fall of a wicket during the 43rd match of 2019 World Cup between Bangladesh and Pakistan at Lord's Cricket Ground in London, England on July 5, 2019. (Photo Credit: Twitter/@cricketworldcup)

All-rounder Mohammed Saifuddin has been ruled out of Bangladesh’s upcoming T20I series against India, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said in a release on Thursday. The three-match series starts on November 3 and will be followed by a two-match Test series which starts on November 14.

“Due to a recurring back injury Saif will be rested from the India tour this year giving him an opportunity to consolidate his recovery over a longer period of time.,” Bangladesh physiotherapist Julian Calefato was quoted as saying in the BCB release.

“He now will also have the opportunity to spend more time strengthening his body and his situation will be reviewed by the medical team again in the upcoming weeks for further updates,” he said.

The series had been preceded by a players’ strike in the Bangladesh camp. Senior players including the likes of Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim on Monday gathered at the BCB Academy ground to put forward an 11-point Charter of Demands announcing the strike and boycotting all cricket-related activities.

However, according to a report in ESPNcricinfo, the impasse between the board and the players ended close to midnight on Wednesday after which the Bangladesh cricketers said that they will return to the field.

READ SOURCE

Experience triple speed

Never miss the exciting moment of the game

DOWNLOAD