Prithvi Shaw expected to make a comeback in Syed Mushtaq Trophy after serving ban

Indian Express

Indian Express

Author 2019-11-09 15:54:28

Indian Express 9 Nov 2019 13:24 PM

The Mumbai opener played his last competitive game for Delhi Capitals against Chennai Super Kings in Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019 on May 10. 

img

India’s batting sensation Prithvi Shaw is likely to make a comeback in domestic cricket after serving a backdated eight-month ban handed by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for consuming prohibited substance terbutaline. Shaw’s ban ends on November 15. The 20-year-old is expected to play in the ongoing Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.

Former Mumbai captain and Chairman of state’s ad-hoc selectors’ panel, Milind Rege confirmed that Shaw will be considered for selection.

“He will be free to play from [November] 16, so of course he will be considered for selection. I can’t make any commitment to whether he will be back, but we will certainly discuss his selection,” Rege told ESPNCricinfo.

“He will have to be fit again, There is nobody who can take his place for granted because there are others also,” Rege said. “Everybody needs to work for their place in the squad. There are some senior players who have done well last year and even this year but the youngsters are now really knocking hard on the door.”

The Mumbai opener played his last competitive game for Delhi Capitals against Chennai Super Kings in Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019 on May 10.

Shaw accepted the eight-month and vowed to come out ‘faster and stronger’ in a post on his Instagram and Twitter account. The Mumbai batsman has not been active on social media since. The Under-19 World Cup 2018-winning captain is currently training at National Cricket Academy (NCA), Bengaluru.

READ SOURCE

READ SOURCE

Experience triple speed

Never miss the exciting moment of the game

DOWNLOAD