Virat Kohli Turns 31: The Top 5 Memorable Tweets Of The Indian Captain
Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli turned a year older on Thursday. The Indian team talisman is enjoying a well-earned break in Bhutan with his wife and Hindi film actor Anushka Sharma, ringing in his 31st birthday. Taking over the reins of the team from MS Dhoni gradually, Kohli’s captaincy has only made the team better. Not only has he redefined the level of cohesiveness in the team, but he also continues to push the bar higher as captain. Under him, Team India has won 11 consecutive Test series, bettering Australia's record.
Kohli is also a keen fitness enthusiast, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He is also one of the most popular Indian sportspersons on social media.
Virat Kohli's Top 5 Tweets
1) On top of this list is a letter by the Indian skipper to his younger self that he tweeted on the occasion of his 31st birthday itself. In the letter, Kohli gives his younger self some sound advice.
My journey and life's lessons explained to a 15-year old me. Well, I tried my best writing this down. Do give it a read. 😊 #NoteToSelfpic.twitter.com/qwoEiknBvA— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) November 5, 2019
2) Kohli has always been vocal about how he loves cricket. The Indian skipper is currently taking a break from the game, but it is still on his mind.
A good cover drive is therapeutic 🙌🏼 pic.twitter.com/ERtGhltAR2— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) November 1, 2019
3) Virat Kohli is passionate about cricket. Sometimes, that comes out on the field in a burst of aggression. But Kohli believes that on-field aggression should not affect off-field camaraderie.
Beautiful thing about sport is that rivalries stay on field and just with a smile & an open mind all tension between athletes is put to rest. Play hard on the field but always be up for a laugh off it😃What a blessing to have gotten to know so many amazing people through sport.🙏 pic.twitter.com/W5N2zhIy3j— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) October 26, 2019
4) The cricketer is head over heels in love with his wife Anushka Sharma and his Twitter feed often shows it. He is also his wife’s biggest fan. One of his tweets gushes about her performance in the 2018 release Zero.
Saw @Zero21Dec and loved the entertainment it brought. I enjoyed myself. Everyone played their parts well. Loved @AnushkaSharma performance because I felt it was a very challenging role and she was outstanding. 👌👌— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) December 23, 2018
♥️ pic.twitter.com/Ax9nzHV3hk— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) February 1, 2019
5) Kohli's tweet about his reunion with MS Dhoni’s daughter Ziva will warm your heart. The video shows the Indian captain playing with the toddler.
My reunion with Ziva. What a blessing it is to be around pure innocence 🙏❤ pic.twitter.com/7IpvTyynoA— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) October 8, 2017