Will Kohli Breaks Sachin, Ganguly Lara, Ponting, Dhoni & Kumble's Record In 3rd Test?
Welcome to Faadu News for update, unique and interesting news of Cricket.
Indian skipper Virat Kohli had an excellent performance in second Test match. He made unbeaten 254 runs and broke several international and national records. India won that match by huge margin of an inning and 137 runs and took invincible lead of 2-0 in the series.
Now, third Test match is going to start from 19th October in Ranchi and all Cricket fans’ eyes are focus on India’s top run getter Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. If Virat Kohli played like previous match and make at least 100 runs, he can breaks five records again.
1. Equals Ricky Ponting’s Record:- If Virat Kohli makes a century in third Test, he will equalize former Australian captain Ricky Ponting’s record of making 41 century as a captain. Virat Kohli has made 40 Test centuries as captain so far.
2. Equals MS Dhoni’s Record:- If Virat Kohli manage to win third match by an inning, he will equalize former captain MS Dhoni’s record of winning 9 matches by difference of an inning. Dhoni did these 9 times while as Kohli has done it 8 times. He is one win behind Dhoni.
3. Equals Anil Cumble’s Record:- If Virat Kohli can win another Man of the match award in next match, he will equalize Anil Kumble’s record of winning maximum Man of the Match award in Test cricket. Kumble won 10 times and stays at second place while as Kohli has won 9 times and stood at third place. Sachin Tendulkar reigns at apex with 14 Man of the match award.
4. Break Sourav Ganguli’s Record:- If Kohli mange 159 runs in third Test, he will surpass former captain and newly appointed President of BCCI, Sourav Ganguly, who made 7212 runs in Test. Virat has made 7054 runs and stay at 7th place among most run scorer in Test cricket by Indian players. Sachin Tendulkar reigns at apex in the world with more than 18K runs.
5. Most century against South Africa: Virat Kohli is jointly fourth most century maker against South Africa in international cricket. He has made 7 centuries so far. If he manages one more century, he will overtake Chris Gayle, Mathew Hyden and Brian Lara.